In nomal development environment, designer or developer alway concern about the website that they hosting would be attract more visiter and customer.that why we need seo (Search Engine Optimization) which make visiter can encounter with website they want to see.seo need some knowledge to make it effective. let take a look below, we learn about some keyword and some little trick.
1. Type of keywords by length
Broad keywords: 1 maximum 2 words, generic.
Example: food, marketing, online business
Long Tail Keyword: generally, 3 or more words, highly specific, lower search volumes, lower competition levels.
Example: Belgian chocolate truffles recipes online
Medium length keywords: 2-3 words, more specific than broad keywords but less specific than long tail keywords, search volume can vary from low to high, competition van vary from low to high.
Example: Belgium chocolate truffles
2. Type of keywords by content
Brands Keywords: any keyword phrase including your company name or website exact or partial URL
Example: name of the company (+ additional terms like reviews, info, etc.) or name of product with additional term
Product Related keywords: key phrase referring to a specific product or service
Example: canon EOS 70D body, Nike sneakers for men, dark chocolate truffles
Localized keywords: key phrase referring to a specific type of company, product or service in a specific location such as state, city, district, street …etc.
3. Type of keywords by user intent
Informational: queries describing a general problem or product attributes (awareness stage)
Queries oriented towards find suppliers to resolve their problem (consideration stage)
Commercial: localized keywords, reviews, comparisons, testimonials
Transactional: product / service name + keywords like Buy, Book, Order, trial, Demo, Price
Navigational: Branded Keywords
4. How to choose your keywords
Your keywords will follow:
- What is your product or service?
- What is your company doing?
- Anything that is concern about your company and product
here how to make your website visible on search engine.
- You can generate an initial list of keywords relate to your company, service and products. Your keywords must be convenient for detail and make sense.
- Use keyword tools to expand list of keywords and check the volumes of searches. Keep searching and keep updating.
- Check the competition by doing a search on google. Choose keywords with low to medium competition if the site is new.
- Choose 1-3 main keywords that cover the activity of your company, the industry or the main service/product- these are your main keywords
- Generate a list of thematically relevant terms: synonyms, different word combinations, singular and plurals of the chosen expressions and terms that you would be expect to see associated with the main keyword chosen (example: on a France holiday page, you may expect to encounter term like French hotels, French restaurants, Paris attractions…)
- Use these 1 to 3 keywords and the thematically relate terms throughout your website, on main category pages, company information pages. Etc.
- Choose 1 to 2 keywords for each of the main category pages (these keywords are your secondary keywords)
- Use the same principle describe for main keywords, generate a list of semantically relevant terms like mention above
- Use them on the category pages and on the product/service pages that are integrated in that specific category.
- Check our sematic search section of the course to learn more about semantic keyword research.
- use social media can be effective also.
- be careful with html structure and your data loading, data that load too long or cause not responding can be issue for you search result.
- validate html with w3school
- use google search console to see your search transaction.